Totes are probably the most versatile type of bag ever created. They literally have dozens of uses, many readers probably have never considered before. Below readers will find a short list of seven uses for totes.
1. Green Grocery Bags: Many people are using environmentally friendly cloth totes instead of disposable paper or plastic bags to sack up their groceries and other purchases. Some grocery stores even offer customers small per bag discounts for bringing their own bags.
2. Overnight Bags: Durable fabric tote bags are great for packing a change of clothes and the bathroom necessities needed to stay the night with a friend. If shampoos, body wash or other such items leak or spill, the bags can be tossed into the wash for easy cleaning.
3. Pool and Beach Bags: Easy to clean totes win again as pool and beach bags. Most have enough room to hold a large sized towel, tanning lotion and a little light reading for relaxing at the beach or pool.
4. Book Bags: Trips to the library with kids are more fun when you carry along a tote bag to bring home the books. Many book clubs give away free tote bags because they are so popular with readers.
5. Bathroom Bags: Many college students living in dorms share showers and restrooms with their dorm mates. Having a dedicated bathroom bag is an easy way to keep personal items like expensive soaps and shampoos, razors, and dental hygiene products separate from other students.
6. Diaper Bags: Owing to the hideous colors and patterns of fabric used to create most diaper bags found on retail store shelves, many parents are using totes to carry along a change of baby clothes, diapering supplies and baby food or bottles. Totes are a cheap and attractive alternative to handcrafted diaper bags.
7. School Totes: Many older female students are using tote bags instead of back packs. Totes can generally be crafted from a variety of attractive and feminine fabrics that are durable enough to hold books and other schools supplies. Most commercially produced back packs are either too masculine or too childish looking for older female students.
There are many more uses for tote bags than those listed here. The fabrics totes are made of may reflect the intended use of the tote. Mesh totes are great pool bags, but bags made of canvas or other durable fabrics are preferable for book bags and school totes. Parents looking for a cheap and attractive alternative to the traditional diaper bag will look for fabrics that are easier to clean.